Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog Launch!

My blog is officially underway, thanks to my English 100 class!! 

Now onto the assignment...

1. Freakonomics- I haven't read this book, but from what I hear, this is an amazing book that takes a whole new perspective on the usually boring (as least in my opinion) of economics.  Especially in time of economic strain, it would be helpful to see a new point of view.

2. The Lion King- I know this sounds pretty weird, but I heard from a friend that this movie can be directly related to Shakespeare's Hamlet.  I think that area in itself would be a really interesting way to connect various types of genres, media and historical pieces of work. Plus, it is a classic movie and everyone loves it!  

3. The Real World (and other related reality t.v. shows)- I truly believe that this is what started the whole "reality t.v. phenomenon" that we are currently in.  It's a great way to analyze the types of shows that dictate what we see as entertainment, and what better place to start than the source.

4. Crash- This movie is one of the first that really challenged cultural boundaries and racism, and does so in such a raw form.  It is a movie that every person can relate to, whether on a large or small scale, and can be affected by.  Its not too often that one single piece of work can impact such a wide rage of people.  


Thats All for Now Kids!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Freakonomics is really good...props on choice.

    2. If you have read Hamlet, you'll see the connection as soon as you watch the movie (again). Great movie...haha

    ReplyDelete