Friday, March 6, 2009

American History X

So I've seen this movie before, but some of the parts still made my skin cringe.  Not gonna lie,I had to look away at the parts where he killed the guy, when they were robbing the store, and the scene where he was raped.  But one thing that stuck with me most was the part immediately after Derek was raped and Sweeny asked him "Has anything you've done made your life better?"  I wonder if people (anyone, not just "bad" people) were to ask themselves that question if they could change like Derek did.?  I personally don't know how I would answer.  Do you?

1 comment:

  1. Great call out, Ashley. I shortly reflected on this line as well but thank you for bringing it back to my attention and to the attention of others. Obviously Derek's character was an extreme case. Not only had he landed himself in prison, he had endangered his brother and we all know how that turns out... But anyone could reflect on this line and perhaps realize that they could do something special today. Even something as small as smiling at a stranger, you never know if it could make their day. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete